During the 2021/22 academic year, we're teaming up with our fellow Development Education Centres (DECs) to offer a selection of online national sessions. We're running these in addition to the local courses we normally offer to schools in the local authority areas we cover: Angus, Dundee, Fife and Perth & Kinross.
What we can offer
The Centre works in partnership with schools, higher and further education establishments, youth and adult community workers to support and encourage global learning. We offer help to embed Global Citizenship and Learning for Sustainability through:
- Career Long Professional Learning for teachers, whole schools and cluster groups
- facilitating workshops with young people and adults
- programmes for youth and adult groups
- placements for Community Learning and Development students
- a resource library with teaching packs, books, magazines, DVDs & games on global issues for use in schools and community and are available to borrow.
- help teachers to bring Global Citizenship to life
- increase understanding of global, social and environmental justice
- explore the links between our lives and those of people throughout the world
- enable action for a fairer, more peaceful and sustainable world
- foster skills, values and attitudes to enhance understanding of how our choices affect others
Can’t see what you’re looking for? We offer tailor-made sessions for whole-schools and staff teams; from an in-depth exploration of Rights, to Fair Trade, the Global Goals, Climate Action and much more. We help practitioners to build on and develop their existing expertise.
Contact one of our Global Learning Advisers to find out more.
Professional Learning Courses
Below you find listed our courses.
Find out more and how to register by selecting a course below that best suits your needs.