Discover support & courses for you
I am an educator in...
Please select which Local Authority (LA) you work in and we’ll show you the support and professional learning opportunities available to you.
For 2023/24 we're teaming up with our fellow Development Education Centres (DECs) again, as part of the Global Citizenship in Scotland (GCiS) Programme to offer a selection of online national sessions. We're running these in addition to the local courses we normally offer to schools in the local authority areas we cover: Dundee, Perth & Kinross, Angus and Fife.
What we can offer
The Centre works in partnership with schools, higher and further education establishments, youth and adult community workers to support and encourage global learning. We offer help to embed Global Citizenship and Learning for Sustainability through:
- Career Long Professional Learning for teachers, whole schools and cluster groups
- facilitating workshops with young people and adults
- programmes for youth and adult groups
- placements for Community Learning and Development students
- a resource library with teaching packs, books, magazines, DVDs & games on global issues for use in schools and community and are available to borrow.
- help teachers to bring Global Citizenship to life
- increase understanding of global, social and environmental justice
- explore the links between our lives and those of people throughout the world
- enable action for a fairer, more peaceful and sustainable world
- foster skills, values and attitudes to enhance understanding of how our choices affect others